my little love nugget is two weeks old today. i can’t believe it, he’s so old already! (*tear*) and getting so big! (check out that double chin!)
these past two weeks have been hard and sleep-deprived but special and amazing. being a mom is so wonderful, to look at this special little human and know he’s yours. but it’s also so hard, and you never know how hard until you’re actually doing it. but it’s worth it.
here’s a couple things i’ve learned in the past two weeks:
1. having food and presents brought to you is the bomb. that’s nothing new, but just wanted to reiterate. (thanks a million friends and family)
3. i have never loved my phone so much than when breastfeeding hours a day.
4. people need to update instagram, twitter, facebook and scramble games a lot more often to keep me entertained while breastfeeding hours a day. soooo get on that, mkay?
5. henry has quite a talent for going to the bathroom in the middle of a diaper change and dirtying a diaper right after changing. so far the record is four diapers in about just as many minutes.
6. per the above, i have a new understanding of how many diapers you actually go through. we will be soliciting henry’s head shot around for modeling deals to help pay for them (kidding, kind of).
7. holy postpartum hormones. i wasn’t very emotional during pregnancy, but those baby blues sure are (or were) real for me. the moment your husband gives you a hug and tells you that you’re a great mom and you break down sobbing…not expected.
8. henry wakes up to poop, and then goes back to sleep. i find this so amusing. the fact that it in turn wakes me up…not so amusing.
9. being able to watch ellen is such a perk of maternity leave. so i haven’t actually watched many shows yet, but just knowing i have the ability to is awesome. (also: price is right. however, drew is so not as good as bob)
10. nap > showering
11. my child has some lungs on him. literally sounds like he’s being murdered at times. worst. sound. ever.
12. henry likes bathtime! (first real bath today, big day) but hates being naked. hmmm.
13. the moment you realize that your child just wants to cuddle with you is pretty great. (though you usually have to get through intense crying to realize it.)
hope you’re doing well! we’re learning more and more everyday, taking things a day at a time. the days are flying by, so i’m taking a million pictures trying to make time stay still…though i can’t wait to see what’s to come and who henry will be (and to get more sleep).