1. i accidentally bought 2% milk instead of skim. it’s disgusting. i’ve been mixing water into my milk to reduce the creaminess (gag). it’s better, but still disgusting. i may have to go against all i believe in and pour out a perfectly good gallon of milk (i love milk, i really do) and go buy a new, thin, non-creamy gallon.
1b. by the way, have you noticed how expensive milk is now?
2. i went to the candy store again. it was dangerous ($10.99/lb dangerous) (and they don’t take plastic for less then $10 dangerous) (fine, 1 1/4 lbs dangerous). i need to hide the bag from ryan because last time he ate 75% of my loot. he’s got quite the sweet tooth for someone who claims “he doesn’t like dessert”.
3. trader joe’s teeny tiny potatoes are the cutest things i’ve ever seen in my entire life
4. i made the teeny tiny potatoes as a side for my favorite fish recipe last night. i seriously make it once a week. this time i added a sprinkle of garlic powder to the butter and it was perhaps even more fab. i may try some fresh garlic next time. i’m a garlic fiend.
5. this is how i made said teeny tiny potatoes: mix potatoes with a glug of olive oil (tablespoon or so? enough to coat the potatoes), a sprinkle of salt and pepper and a sprinkle of garlic powder. roast in a 425 degree oven (or 450 if you’re not cooking tilapia at the same time – i split the difference between the two temps) for about 20-25 minutes. once they’re done, mix with the zest and juice of half a lemon (or more if you’re so inclined). perhaps top with some fresh chopped parsley if you have some (and i didn’t).
6. for dessert i split a banana in half, topped both sides with some brown sugar and then torched it. so so good. there is nothing better than burnt sugar in my opinion.
7. have a great weekend!