even though it feels like december out, easter is getting close. as i mentioned last post (thank you everyone for kind words and sharing our excitement), i almost forgot about easter. that henry needed something dapper to wear and i needed to become the easter bunny and put together a basket for henry. once i remembered, i ‘hopped’ to it. here’s some things i’ve purchased or think would be great for the day.
1. bow tie: bow ties on babies are ridiculously cute, and easter is a great reason to wear one. i love the colors of this one, though i actually picked up two from target in the dollar section, a yellow plaid and aqua plaid (i didn’t know what he was wearing yet so i spent a whole $2 to be safe).
2. chambray shirt: dressy enough for easter, but casual enough to wear again. and so on trend. i wanted this the moment i saw it, and the next day a 40% off coupon appeared in my inbox, score.
3. green pants: omg i die for these pants. the color is a perfect spring green. i haven’t bought them yet, but really want to.
4. basket: so i bought a basket and attempted to make the liner, but it went wrong somewhere. i ended up springing for this one (though in white, because that’s all the had left) and the liner to make up for my failure. it was a splurge, but after all, he will use this basket for the next…10 years? more?
6. mega bloks farm pals: so there’s no bunny in this farm animal mix (though there is a duck?), but henry loves when things are stacked (to knock them over) and i think he would love chewing on these too.
7. peek n peep eggs: i haven’t bought these yet, but how cute! i think henry would enjoy eating these now, and matching them later.
8. bubbles: if it ever gets warm out, i think henry will be mesmerized by bubbles that i grabbed while i was browsing target (like i do, um, twice a week).
9. puffs: every basket needs a treat and since henry won’t be enjoying chocolate bunnies or peeps, i’ll add in one of his favorite snacks.
10. peter rabbit peekaboo: you can never have enough books, and every holiday is an excuse for another.
i was also thinking of getting henry a ‘bigger’ toy, something he’ll love and use for a while, like maybe a ball popper, this fun car with lots of toys to crawl around with and eat or a sturdier walker since he can’t go two feet in a straight line with the one he has now. i just don’t know, i can’t make up my mind, as usual. of course he’ll only be 9 months old (in five days!) and won’t know the difference, but i still want to make it special and enjoy the day with his special basket of fun.
do you have your easter basket(s) all ready? any suggestions for a 9 month old? and what is with this weather??